Wednesday, January 24

I have so many people to thank . . .

But first, I need to apologize. I haven't had so much time for you, the little people, because I've been

a) Hanging out with the governor.
I told him "Lola says hi," and that she's having a great time learning all about government in her Utah history class. He said, and I'm not even kidding here, "I'd love to visit her class and talk to them." I gave him the address of the school. So we'll see if he shows up.


b) Making TV appearances with a few people you may have heard of (if you live in Utah): Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, Pete Ashdown, Doug Fabrizio . . . (I gave Doug a few tips and he's going to stop being so condescending to Mormons from now on.)

So yeah. Not a whole lot of time for my not-famous friends. But rest assured I have not forgotten you. I'd also like you to know that I feel perfectly comfortable with you dropping my name whenever you feel it will help you gain respect in the eyes of your friends, colleagues, whomever.



Photo A was taken at "Declaration Day," where the governor signed a declaration promoting asthma awareness. I've been working with my cute friend Miss Salt Lake County on this through PTA, so I was invited to tag along. The governor was very nice, and seemed very sincere.

Photo B was taken at the taping of a KUED program promoting Internet safety for teens (to be aired in about a month). I was invited to participate in a panel discussion as a parent. And since we didn't discuss religion or sexual orientation, I found Doug to be a delightful conversationalist. Also, he was nice enough to take a picture with me and offer to send me recordings of his show whenever I want. Then I pointed out that I could just download the Podcast, which I occasionally do. And then he told me I know more about the Internet than he does. Hee.

6 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Can I have my picture taken with you?!

Th. said...

.

I get the point.

Next time I'll be famous.

Natalie Gordon said...

You forgot about that time you met Chieko Okazaki, and she bought your friend's book, and your friend DID NOT flick a booger on Chieko, even though you totally thought she did, because, really, who would DO THAT?

Nemesis said...

Mmmm, Doug. Also, you look hot.

daltongirl said...

AW: I can fit you in for a photo shoot Thursday.

th.: let that be a lesson to you.

Nat: Your booger is probably still sitting on Chieko Okazaki's coat, sicko. But thanks for reminding me that that's one more name I should be dropping.

Nem: You are too good to me. Really.

Carina said...

Will Doug? It's one of the things that drives me most nuts about him.