Saturday, May 15

Confession

Recently daltonboy and I purchased a wii for our family. As we left the store, I experienced mixed feelings. I've held out for so long against the evil of the video game console. The kids have brought games home from time to time, but we've been pretty strongly against it, so they've never really lasted. And now here I was, contributing to the downfall of society and the erosion of the family.

I felt a little like I'd just sold my soul to the devil.

At a time like that, you just feel like nothing you do matters anymore. Why not just go all the way? So we did. We threw caution to the wind, and did the most heinous, outrageous thing we could think of, hoping that we wouldn't run into anyone we knew just in case we decided to repent later. We went to WalMart.

In retrospect, I feel okay about the wii. I still get a slightly queasy feeling in my stomach when I think about shopping at That Place.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Of all the EVIL out there, I think the Wii is perfectly acceptable. I prefer to have to stand up and move when I'm playing video games.

Good call.

Sue said...

I just feel that the world will end tomorrow. I am in such shock that I may never recover. My head hurts.

BTW-I saw your son today at That Place.