Wednesday, November 30

Best thank-you note ever

My favorite genius-six-year-old just celebrated a birthday. I guess that makes him my favorite genius-seven-year-old. Here's the gift we gave him.


Poor kid lives in a borderline-abusive home where (allegedly) people don't like to talk about farting (much less communicate by it, like we do), so we thought we'd let him know what it feels like to be loved.

Today we received this thank-you note in the mail.


It reads:

Dear Someone in the Dalton family, Thank you for The Gas we Pass. I love it when I fart thank you very much! I've read it a lot and I even let my freind read it and he got grossed out thank you very much!

From G7YO

It brings a tear to my eye. We really can make a difference in a person's life.

7 comments:

Heidi Rodeback said...

What a coincidence! I, too, have a genius seven-year-old. Tonight, I fed him beans for dinner. Now I think he needs to come visit you.

Cicada said...

I will never let you near my children. Seriously, though. I have a really hard time with F-A-R-T humor. I can't even say the word without cringing unless I'm talking to an immediate family member. I guess I might have one of those weird homes...

MamaJ said...

What I hate is that all children seem to think farting is terribly funny, especially if they happen to be sitting on your lap at the time. I don't share their humor. In fact, I get downright irritated, but they just laugh and laugh. Why should emitting a bad odor be funny anyway? After all, bad breath isn't funny.

Christian said...

I think we should dwell on the thoughtfulness of the Genius to send a thank you card. What a great kid.

stupidramblings said...

Can you donate books like that with your every-day coffee money to those foreign charities? Cuz--like--they need to know too.

And farting IS funny! It is!...

Nemesis said...

I'm with EKB. Any kid who writes thank-you notes is being raised right. Even if, you know, he actually isn't.

Joel said...

I remember that. ;-)