Teacher: So, children, what do you think frankincense is?
Kid: Money.
Teacher: No, it's not money. It's expensive, though.
Kid: Well, cents means money.
Teacher: That's true, cents does mean money, but this is a different kind of cense.
I'm not sure what to say about "mirth." The teacher just pronounced it that way with no explanation. I figure, though, that after the kind of years the Holy Family had just gone through, they probably really welcomed a good laugh.
4 comments:
I have a small cartoon frame hanging on my fridge that has the three Wise Men on it. They are looking at one another and one of them is saying, "Gold? I thought we agreed to a spending limit on gifts!" I just love it.
That's actually really funny, Texas Mama. And I love your Primary stories, DG. I've always sworn that I'd go inactive the moment I was called to the Primary, but now I'm beginning to see that Primary's where it's at!
I've got this one professor who is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. His books and French learning manuals are published all over the world in several languages. And he's a Primary teacher, which I think is so cool. I'd love to have him as a Primary teacher. He's just got this thick accent when he speaks English that is automatically funny.
He's been on this crusade to get children to stop slurring the end of prayers by saying, "inthenameofjesuschristamen." So he started slurring the children's names and saying them really fast: "Hello, singingcicada. Hello, missnemesis." The kids hated it, and he asked them how Jesus feels when they slur his name at the end of their prayers. Fixed the problem.
Cicada: NICE! I will remember that when I'm in Opening exercises next Sunday. :)
Savvy's question has been answered regarding The Berenstain Bears on Ask Stupid. Ask Stupid: 13. The Bear Truth Don't let your IQ drop too low as you read it...
Post a Comment