Tuesday, April 3

Signs and Portents

The chicks are too big, too smelly, and too loud to be in the house anymore. Also they kept escaping. But it's too cold for them to live outside all the time--especially when it really cools down at night. So we got a bunch of free scrap wood from a neighbor and built them a box to stay in outside. They can live there when it rains, or at night. The sides are high, so they can't fly out, and predators can't get in. They're not all cramped anymore, and most of them can perch if they want to when they sleep. It's an ideal box.

Except.

After we built it, we noticed the paint on the outside.

5 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

LOL!

BTW I'm nominating you for a blogging award. Come check it out!

Cicada said...

My gosh. The noise that escaped my mouth was supposed to be a laugh but sounded more like a wheazy gasp. Those chicks don't look like the ones I cuddled so fondly just weeks ago...

Jenny said...

Wow. You are rad.

Natalie Gordon said...

BBQ? There? I'm on my way. I'll see you in 20 minutes. I'll bring the Mt. Dew and the Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles.

Oh, and congratulations to the chickens on their new home.

Alice said...

Really Natalie, you ought to wait a few more weeks before any BBQ. Right now there's nothing to eat, although it may seem tempting now that they are entering the "ugly teen years".