Sunday, July 15

He's Number One!

If I had one of those giant foam fingers, I'd be waving it right now. DB let me talk him into entering the local art contest this year. He was reluctant, since he doesn't always have a lot of confidence in himself, but he won in his category!

Here is the winning photo:
Here is the photo that received an honorable mention:If you win in your category three times in five years, you have to move up to the next category. Lola said, "Well, Dad, you're well on your way!" We're all so proud.

The winnings? Twenty-two bucks. Yup, you read it right: $22. My question: Why not $20? or $25? Odd, I thought. As pleased as we were with the opportunity for people to see his good work, it was slightly disappointing that the prize was not quite enough to cover the cost of printing the photos, framing them, and paying the entry fees; however, he hadn't been home an hour after picking the photos up after the show ended, when a woman called and asked if she could purchase the winning print. So he ended up making enough to cover the expenses after all.


We're still proud!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to DB! Hip hip hooray! (Where was the winning photo taken?)

daltongirl said...

Photo #1 = Norway

Photo #2 = America's Freedom Festival, Provo, UT

Natalie Gordon said...

Those are great! Congratulations, DB!

Maybe someday, he'll win enough to pay for the trip to Norway!

Desmama said...

Wow--those really are cool-looking photos. Congratulations to DB!

Cicada said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that I chose the winning photo, too. When I saw that picture, I was pretty sure that he'd win. Now I'm going to start name dropping...

Also, don't forget the added value of him being able to tell potential clients that he's a prize-winning photographer, highly distinguished in the AF area.

Jenny said...

YAY! Our favorite one won!

alisonwonderland said...

congrats to DB!

here's my question, though: did you make it down the mountain quick enough to see the photos displayed?

Th. said...

.

Congratulations!

And great photos, too.