Lola is reading Eclipse.
I may have mentioned that I already read it like two weeks ago and enjoyed it very much.
Anyway, she's reading along, and she says, "Aaaaand Edward just swore. I don't really think Stephenie Meyer is Mormon."
"What?" I said. "I don't remember that. What did he say?"
"Like I'm really going to repeat that, Mom."
"What? Did he say 'damn'?"
"Uh. Yeah. Nice. I can't believe you just said that."
"Whuuuuuut? I wasn't actually swearing."
"I can't believe you feel comfortable even repeating those words. I don't."
"Good. That's good. But still, I don't think it's a big deal."
"It's a good thing you're friends with Sakhmet and Nemesis. You can all be swearboxes together."
So I guess swearing is worse than slandering my friends. And the very nice author of the Twilight series, whose books are clean and teach good morals as well as featuring totally hot characters and interesting plot lines.
Hmph.
11 comments:
I want to be a swearbox, too. Can I? Please?
Dude. Did she just call me a swearbox? Oh, it is on, Lola.
You should be so proud to have raised a child who doesn't use swear words--even the tame ones.
Humph, indeed. I'll guaran-damn-tee you that I'd never slander MY friends that way. (Also, if Nem is a swearbox, I am a swearSILO. Or something else much larger than a box.)
i don't think Edward was the only one ... as i recall Bella had a few of her own as well! :o)
Now Lola is trying to backpedal and she's saying she MEANT to say Cicada instead of Nemesis. But that might make the whole she's digging herself just get bigger, so I won't pass that along. It just hurts me to think that her relationship with Nem might be in jeopardy.
Sorry, Cicada. I am unaware of any swearbox evidence that Lola has against you.
I don't know what swear evidence she has against me, either, but I know that I am highly---I mean highly---offended.
And I think that she just changed it to me from Nemesis because she didn't want to get in a fight with Nemesis who said it is "on."
Wow. It's a good thing she wasn't standing next to me when i got a bottle dropped on my foot today....
Someone asked Stephenie about the swear words in her books, since she is Mormon. She said that if they're in the Bible, she lets them go. :o)
Glad you guys have gotten Eclipse, too. It's the absolute bestest book ever!
.
Oh no! Don't let her read my book!
I'm finding this all highly amusing, because 'damn' isn't even a swearword here. Sadly this means we're always horrifying missionaries by helling and damning all over the place. They'll probably desensatize and all go home as swearboxes.
Post a Comment