There was this one time when I was out on a date, and Nem was babysitting Lola. Since I'm not a very good mom, I went out, even though Lola had a loose tooth, and the loss was imminent. I felt Nem could handle pretty much any situation that might arise. I am tender and sensitive that way.
Everything went fine until Lola lost the tooth part way into the evening. Nem says she did okay for a while, but then when it started to get closer to bedtime, the realization set in that here she was, without her mother, and her tooth was missing. She started to get upset. Naturally, she wanted her mommy. Nem suggested that she go ahead and sleep in my bed, and when I came home, I would see her and . . . I'm not sure what else I would do.
Anyway, Lola got in my bed, and Nem heard her in there wailing, "Mommmmmmyyyyyyy! You're my only hope!" At which point, Nemesis, that most tender and sensitive of all babysitters, went to the far corner of the house and laughed her head off.
So that was a fun time, remembering that story and laughing and all, and then we went home. And both of the boys did something less than brilliant within the first five minutes of our arrival there. I can't remember what it was [Insert your own whacked-out/clueless comment or action here], but I do remember standing there in awe, like I so often do. And I turned to Lola and said, in all seriousness, "You're my only hope."
5 comments:
She must have meant "my only hope to save me from the tooth fairy." That lady's freaky. Or "my only hope to get a quarter." In which case, you are really cheap.
I'm sorry I missed out on opportunities to babysit Lola.
You forgot to include the "Come baaaack. Come baaaaack to meeeeee!" wails. Because they were awesome too. In a sensitive and caring way.
Love you the most, Lola!
Limon:My mom always gave me like a dollar!
Cicada:opportunitys to babysit me were a blessing ;)
Nemisis:I love you to, in a very i'm not really going to hold it against you that you laughed at me way.
P.S. I have a new blog!
diarysofayellodello.blogspot.com
and yes mother I do know that I spelled diarys wrong, thankyou very much.
oops i did it again, don't comm to mie if yoo want speling advise.
Post a Comment