Saturday, September 13

Short Drive in a Suburban

I got to pick up a friend's kids from school yesterday. This means I got to hear them say cute things on the drive, which is a treat for me.

Don't get me wrong, Lola still says funny things, but they mostly have to do with boys, boys, and, well, boys. So little kids' cute comments are fun. And different. Here are a couple:

"Did you know there are two Katelyns? Yup. There are two. And one has white hair, and the other has black hair."

Two. Wow. I thought there were more like two billion. In my ward.

"I'm going to have a birthday party at Easter time, and everyone is invited, and there's going to be a huge Easter egg hunt, and all the eggs will be colored pink. Won't that be great?"

"Spain is a place where 21,000 kings and queens have died. And they don't bury them there. They just leave their bodies out for people to look at."

Dang. That's almost as many dead monarchs as there are Katelyns! Also, they must have a heck of a short term in office. Or maybe kings and queens from all other monarchies travel to Spain to die. Either way, it makes for an interesting story, but alas, these are things the conspiring news media and the Spanish Tourism Council keep from us--I know not why. It's almost enough to make me book a flight this very minute.

2 comments:

kaitlin said...

You misspelled kaitlin...

daltongirl said...

K: I did it just to get you riled up, which was rude, because I know you're the only one on my side politically and I can't afford to tick you off. Believe me, I'm sorry for it now. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.