Wednesday, January 28

Call Me Smitty

A little wordsmithing needs to be done, it needs to be done now, and I don't know if I'm the one to do it, but I'm going to give it a shot, because I'm tired of waiting around for someone else to take charge.

1. If you are leading a group of people in the Pledge of Allegiance, please don't ask them to repeat after you, unless you are prepared to state each phrase by yourself, and have the chorus actually repeat, well, after you. How about, "Please repeat with me," or just get started. People will know what to do.

2. Immortality and immorality are not interchangeable concepts.

3. Congenital and genital are not synonymous.

These aren't huge requests. It isn't a lengthy list. But I beg you to commit it to memory and/or share with others--especially the last two. Together, we can change the world.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Ha! Immorality and immortality. That. Is hilarious. Do people actually do that? Because I would like to be around to laugh at them.

Natalie Gordon said...

JT was in charge of the flag ceremony at pack meeting on Tuesday, and before he started, he got a lengthy explaination of why he needed to ask them to say the pledge with him, not repeat it after him. He thinks I am a freak.

Also, I have heard #2, but #3 is a new one for me. Does that really happen? Do people talk about their genital heart condition? Because, eew.