Sunday, January 4

2008 in Review

Happy New Year!

I guess I'm not cool if I don't do this, and quite frankly, it seems like a lot more fun than revealing my New Year's resolutions, which are boring and mostly the same as they were last year, because I am One Who Must Learn by Repetition and Failure.

I give you the highlights of 2008. Some months were notably slower than others.

January
  • Spent three weeks in California with my mom.
February
  • Worked the polls.
March
April
May
June
  • Made peace with my cranky neighbor by cleaning up my yard.
  • Threw over Utah PTA in favor of a fabulously stress-free life.
  • Was not sick at all. Coincidence?
July
  • Visited my brother's family in New Jersey.
  • Visited NYC.
  • Visited Palmyra.
  • Met Motley Crue.
August
  • Goodbye, Palm Pilot. Hello Blackberry.
September
  • Got some moles removed.
October
  • Joined Facebook.
November
  • Worked the polls again. So very glad that's all over.
  • Celebrated 8 years of marriage.
December
  • Became a much-envied library trustee.
  • Visited California again.
  • Celebrated Christmas with my sister's family.
  • Published a book(let).
In general:
  • Saw every member of my family on both coasts.
  • Conquered adrenal fatigue.
  • Lost 100 lbs (read: lost the same 1o lbs ten times). Gained 105 lbs. Meh.
  • Knitted approximately 12,000 yards of yarn into a bunch of stuff.
Not a bad year. Not bad at all.

4 comments:

chosha said...

Damn, I never meet cool rock bands in airport security lines. :(

Happy New Year, by the way.

Sue said...

Sounds like a great year to me! (this means my opinion is the same as yours-ouch)

Cicada said...

I'm hoping to collect some of that knitted yarn soon! More incentive to have the baby. I'm glad that I get to benefit from one of your accomplishments.

alisonwonderland said...

not a bad year at all!

today i'm wishing i'd followed your lead in june to that stress-free life ... :)

btw i haven't seen any printing quotes for that book(let). where do we stand on that?