Daltonboy had a birthday. He asked me to make him a chocolate cake. No problem.
I came up with this:

I never compliment myself, but those in attendance praised the cake for its beauty and tastiness.
He also asked for Jell-o salad (as part of the dinner, of course). First of all, eww, but it was his birthday. Secondly, I have never been successful at the Jell-o "salad." I attribute this to the fact that I was not brought up in Utah (Jell-o capitol of the world), nor was I raised as a member of the LDS church. Those people are born with innate abilities relating to Jell-o products. I was not, due to simple genetics and conversion to the Church as a teenager, when Jell-o talents are already (ahem!) firmly set.
The irony is that I easily whipped up a chocolate mousse cake with a ganache topping, tra-la-la, but couldn't make what most people consider to be the simplest dessert in the world. I do not include a photo of my "salad" attempt here. It was not what one might call "solid."
3 comments:
Beautiful cake. I did not know you had a blog. I just spent about half an hour reading through your posts and realize I need more time. You are good at writing.
That is crazy that wood floor was under there the whole time. Kind of a fun surprise.
Lisa Finley
That cake is incredible.
And I didn't realize until I did my banana pudding post about the jello and LDS connection. Love it!
I love the title of this post. My favorite part? "I never compliment myself, but those in attendance praised the cake for its beauty and tastiness."
You are riotously funny. Really. There's a funny riot going on somewhere because of you.
Post a Comment