Saturday, August 1

Diversity

Wednesday night we went to a waterfront concert on the banks of the Ohio (tra-la-la). Josh Ritter was one of the performers, and he was pretty cool.

There were a lot of people there. A lot of very different people. One thing most of them had in common was that they were smokers and beer drinkers. I secondhand smoked about five packs of cigarettes and at least one joint.

Here's a picture of me before I got too high.


Hula hoops are the big thing at concerts, I guess. This woman (approximately 250 years old--seriously, she looked like Yzma--so sad I couldn't get a shot from the front) had a cart full of them, that she hauled around for anyone to come and play with and sway to the music.


These girls, all in long, flowy dresses, had another twenty or so hoops laid out on the grass, and they danced around with them all evening like little nymphs.


Boys get into the fun.


Next time I get a tattoo, I'm totally getting a giraffe. Or possibly an anteater.


I asked this woman if I could take her picture, and she looked at me like I was crazy, but she said, "I guess," and then the guy with her said, "Hold on!" and put his on so he could pose with her. Singular. I hope.

I did not get a picture of the drunk couple who sold me an art glass pendant and talked my ear off for about twenty minutes. Nor did I get the guy who collapsed from alcohol poisoning right in front of us and had to be taken away in an ambulance. His friends took a bunch of pictures of him though, before they figured out that he was comatose. Maybe one of them can email me a copy.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Um, hi. You need to write more blogs and much more often. I always need a good laugh and I typically rely on you for that good laugh. :)