Friday, December 4

It's all about me

Sometimes I take for granted how much my family revolves around me and how I'm the focus of everyone's lives.

For example, last night Lola was talking about something or other. From her monologue, it kind of seemed like the main focus was her, but that's where I made my big mistake.

Lola: But it's not about me.

Me: Really???

Lola: No, Mom. It's about you.

Me: Huh. I doubt it will ever be about me.

Lola: Sure it will. It always is. For example: when will dinner be ready? That's about you.

Me: I see.

Lola: Can you take me out driving? About you. Can you buy me some new clothes? Also about you.

Daltonboy: Why don't I have any clean underwear?

Lola: See? Everything's all about you.

And after I stopped laughing, I realized how special I am. Always nice to have these little family discussions.

1 comment:

Heidi Rodeback said...

The three biggest words in the English language: "I AM MOM."