A couple of weeks ago this conversation took place.
I may or may not have intentionally left off the The before "Foreigner."
Daltonboy (in a tone of horror): What??? Are you serious?
Me: Yeah. You knew I was getting them.
Daltonboy: I did? No I didn't. You're joking, right?
Me: No. I got them free for running in the race.
Daltonboy: Huh? Where are they playing?
Here I realize he thinks I'm talking about Foreigner the band--not The Foreigner the play. And that his horror is probably justified.
Me: Hale. Air Supply is opening for them. It's gonna be great.
Daltonboy: Uhhhh . . .
Me: Okay, just kidding. The play. We're going to see the play. It's called The Foreigner.
Daltonboy (not yet appeased): What's it about?
Me: Bad 70s rock music.
Turns out it was a delightful show, but there were a lot of hideous 80s fashions, so maybe the horror was justified after all.
4 comments:
Glad you're feeling better! when I think horror, I think of your 9 day migraine + kidney infection, and that pretty much fills the bill!
Well, I just noticed this happened a few weeks ago. Are you feeling better? I really really hope so!
I've seen The Foreigner several times. I find it very funny!
I've also listened to "Waiting for a Girl Like You" and "I Want to Know What Love Is" several times. That's not quite the same experience. :)
ha ha ha! I wish you would have had Foreigner tickets - that would have made a good post.
Post a Comment