Wednesday, December 28

Craft-O-Rama

Since school started I haven't had many chances to knit or do anything crafty. I've had many opportunities to cook, but I haven't taken them, choosing instead to get Costco pizza or beg family members to heat up some spaghetti sauce and cook some noodles while I write papers or sit in a corner rocking and drooling. This vacation from school has been a chance for me to get my craft on (and do a little cooking as well).

First, I made this awesomeness, inspired by this.


Then I made some of these, because hi. SO nerdycool. Check them out. They're a lot easier than they look. I haven't done the R2-D2 one yet, because it's intimidating, but the others were fun, quick, and easy. Everyone that comes over says, "Hey, cute snowflakes . . . wait . . . is that Yoda?"


Then I made this cuteness for my niece's baby. I want one. (The hat--not the baby--I'm content to just look at her.)


I made this a long time ago, but finally got daltonboy to take a photo of it.


And in between I decided to make some holiday treats inspired by Christmas traditions around the world: nougat from Italy, fudge from India, stollen from Germany, gingerbread from Australia, and a little Japanese Christmas cake. All delicious and all gone. I have a couple of mutant gingerbread men sitting around somewhere, but I won't torture you with photos.

And for my next trick I'm planning to make little fidget toys for all the Primary kids for next year. We have several children that can't sit still, and I'm hoping to keep them in their seats with something clever to do with their hands. High hopes. Very high.

I am also giving myself the gift of a simple, healthy 30-day menu, which I will rotate through for the next four months until school's out again. It's been fun to make some stuff (besides lesson plans) for a change.

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Will you share your 30-day menu? I'd love to see it!

Enjoy the rest of your break!

Bridget said...

That hat is adoooooorable! And the Christmas around the world eats were amazing, I can vouch!