1. I've had terrible insomnia for about seven years. Last week I slept like a baby who sleeps through the night.
2. It turns out you don't eat non-stop when you're on your feet running around trying to keep 40 teenagers corralled. And learning. Not eating constantly means you lose weight. Running around all day means you lose weight. A small, but much appreciated perk.
3. More stories. If you know me at all, you know I'm never short on stories. I predict they're going to be much, much better from now on. You may not think that's possible. Trust me. (I'm not allowed to share my stories on the Interwebs, because that would violate the privacy of my already beloved students. So I'm not going to do that, which is too bad in a way, but also good for me in the sense that I'll get to keep my job and collect more stories. When I do tell stories, I'll make sure to keep the details obscure to protect the innocent. And not so innocent. But they'll still be good, I promise.)
4. I have not laughed so much or so hard in a very long time. Laughter is really good for the health. Doctors say that, and they're not the same doctors who say that women's bodies can prevent pregnancy under certain circumstances, so I believe them. Daltonboy and I already laugh a lot. So laughing more is an unexpected bonus. I'll take it.
5. I love puzzles. Now I have 200 of them. How to reach this one, how to get this one to shut up, how to find a book this one will read and enjoy . . . the list of puzzle problems is endless. I feel like I've been laying on my couch eating donut gems and playing Diner Dash for the last six years just to prepare me for this moment.
I should probably blog more often. Only one post so far this year? That is not blooming. That is called dying on the vine. Stupid Facebook.
3 comments:
I <3 U!
hahaha Oh Leslie I LOVE your post. It reminds me of the many chats we had on the bus. And you know, you make some very good points about the perks of teaching. haha. makes me even more excited to get started TOMORROW :)
I really look forward to the stories!
Post a Comment