I have been longing to share some of the subject lines that show up in my Suspect Email box. Today I received an email from Nemesis, indicating that she was tired of having said box email her back with a message every time she posts on my blog. I thought about that for a while. No one else seems to care, but maybe I should allow everyone's blog posts to come to my regular inbox. Maybe more people would post. I read the emails either way . . .
Anyway, as I took a moment to browse more carefully through my Suspect Box, I realized that today was definitely the day to realize my dream. So here they are, just a few, as they appear in my inbox (some punctuation added for clarity). I'm sure you have your own, and would love it if you'd share.
1. "With a squint who had no other m." Being an editor, I feel compelled to point out that the squint had no "m" in the first place, so it would be impossible to have an "other m." People who want me to read their emails are going to have to work a little harder to at least keep the typos out of the subject line. Maybe they meant to say, "a squint who had no other N." THAT would have made sense.
2. "Did [Daltonboy] take the Christian We?" Is this anything like the Royal We? And how would one go about taking it, if it is? In any case, I don't think he did take it. I haven't seen it lying around anywhere.
3. "Snapfish Fishfood gives you 20% on ho." I don't happen to have a ho available right now, but if I decide to pimp one, I'm sure not going to Snapfish with her. I want at least 80% on my ho.
4. "Everything for the perfect holiday ho." Finally, a place where I can get accessories and more for my Channukah Barbie. Needless to say, I clicked on the link immediately.
And now, I'm off to find out about the Witchcraft Secrets and Romance that Lauren purportedly has to reveal to me. I may or may not be back.
2 comments:
I am sorry you have to be subject to so much that makes so little sense. I am glad, however, that you have the keen ability to make sense out of nothing.
It makes sense because string theory is a big newsmaker lately. And it goes well with butter.
Say that reminds me: Yesterday I dreamed my foot got run over only to wake up and realise the word is dreamt.
Later on I will go skydiving and get 50% on my ho.
Later,
Stupid.
PS I once stuffed a puppy...
Post a Comment