For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Weight = Former number (which it is not necessary to disclose) - 2 lbs.
Self Esteem = Former number + 2 points
Interest in spending time on appearance = +3 points
Satisfaction with current wardrobe = -3 points
And then there's that whole inertia thing. An object in motion tends to stay in motion.
During the last week:
Time spent at gym = 6 hours over 6 days
Dishes and laundry done/blogging not done = 6 days
I was afraid maybe Newton was wrong. After all, he made those theories when people still believed the earth was flat. Some of those theories have been debunked by now. Could the Third Law have been one of them? How about the second? Now I see that all is still right with the world.
Just in case you're not convinced, here's another one, unrelated to physical health:
Swear words used by daltonboy during the putting up of the Christmas lights = 0
Percentage of lights that worked once they were up = 4
Last year they all worked, but it took about six hours to get them up and there was much swearing by daltonboy. So yeah. Newton was right.
4 comments:
Isaac Newton is English for El Loco Physicist-o...
Um, are you saying I'm fat?
I think Newton was a genius. I mean, who can argue with the fact that a body at rest wants to stay at rest? This principle is reaffirmed to me every morning. And I think my 5 year old is going to be a great physicist someday. In Sacrament meeting she loves to demonstrate that a body in motion wants to stay in motion.
Post a Comment