The good news is:1) I will lose weight;
2) I won't eat the entire pan of chocolate chip cookie bars that is sitting in my kitchen, even as you read (see #1);
3) I'm not in any pain, except when I try to open or close my mouth;
4) I made my dentist laugh when I told him I was in a street fight;
5) There doesn't appear to be any disfiguring surgery in my immediate future; and
6) My insurance picked up the entire tab. Except for the prescription ibuprofen, which cost more than a bottle of OTC ibuprofen. Whatever.
I have no idea how it happened. Let this be a lesson to you all. Life can change in the blink of an eye, so eat all the cookies now.
Anyone with suggestions or recipes for foods that don't require chewing and are not labeled Campbell's or Gerber, please feel free to share.
5 comments:
You are cheating yourself if you deny yourself the opportunity to experience all the delicious varieties of legumes based on not liking peas, but that's your right, I suppose. Gimme your recipe. I love split pea soup. And Jamba Juice. I love that too. You can send it to me on the electronic mail, when you get a minute from cleaning up pee and breastfeeding.
The dental assistant was all excited about me consuming Jamba Juice Only for a whole week.
Here's what I'm thinking: Talking is a lot like chewing -- so much so that we usually forbid our offspring to attempt both at once. Is your talking, too, limited for several days? If so, will you compensate by blogging more? If you do, then, much as we all may regret your suffering, there will be for us a silver cloud to accompany this dark lining. Where DaltonGirl blogging is concerned, you see, more is definitely more. More is better.
Yikes!
My brother Chewy had jaw surgery--it's not so bad if you have to go that route. I'd try to go without it though.
Best of luck...
DR: Even if my jaw was wired shut I would never stop talking. So no luck there, for those who were hoping I'd shut up. Sadly, this does not mean more blogging, mostly because it's a busy week at the Legislature for me.
SR: I'm looking forward to a new nickname, much like Chewy, if and when the jaw surgery takes place. Looks like I'm already getting better though, after just one day of no chewing. Darn.
Post a Comment