Yesterday I took my Netflix movies to the Post Office. After I dropped them into the box, I had a feeling something was wrong. Then I realized I hadn't actually put them in the special Netflix envelopes. So these DVDs were floating around in the mailbox, with or without sleeves at this point.
I went home and got dressed in an outfit that said, "I really am a responsible citizen and am not usually crazy." Then I returned to the Post Office and went to the nice man at the service window and told him my story. He didn't laugh at me or anything--probably because of my power outfit. He said to meet him at the mailbox, and we'd go through it and fish out my DVDs.
While we were searching for the videos, a car drove up, and a woman handed me a "Change of Address" form. She asked the postal worker if that would go into effect today. He said it would, as long as he hand carried it back into the building himself. She was very much relieved and thanked him profusely.
I could only conclude that I was prompted to drop the DVDs in without the envelopes, setting a chain of events into effect that would cause the postal worker would be outside to help that woman at that very moment. That made me feel much better.
Now, will someone please the reason behind my leaving my car downtown Salt Lake this morning with the keys in the ignition and the radio on?
7 comments:
three posts in one week? be still, my heart! the legislative session must be wrapping! see you at the Capitol!
I did that once. I locked the keys in the ignition of my running car.
I was 16. It was awful.
.
I left my keys in and radio on in front of Orem's Circuit City for about ten hours once....
Once, when I was a young mother, I went to buy blackberries at a roadside stand. Junior, who was just a few months old at the time, was asleep in his carseat, safely buckled in the back seat. It was summertime, and so, I wanted to leave the car running with the A/C on so Junior wouldn't get overheated. And I locked the door on my way out of the car. This was WAY before cell-phones, but a local car wash attendant tried to break in to my car, and, when that proved fruitless, he let me call my husband from the car wash phone. We were a one car family at that time, and so he jumped on his bike and rode to the blackberry stand to free our baby.
Netflix is sooo cool, except the mailing process can be problematic. Like when they think you are stealing movies when you send them back in the envelope without the sleeve! I guess real people can handle this complicated process.
I can see that I'm in very good company; however, I'm still looking for cosmic meaning in my actions. I fear it will not be found.
.
"
Yesterday I sat down to svithe about separation of church and state. I didn't do it. Maybe I got vibes that told me you were going to do a better job. Or maybe now I'll really do it. I've been rolling some thoughts around in my head after watching the Legislative session.
"
I would be fascinated to hear your take on it, Dg.
Post a Comment