Tuesday, March 20

Picture this!

At New Year's I inherited a cool new camera. I was pretty excited about that, and decided to make a Resolution to take a photo a day. So far that's been going really well, and has been a lot of fun (lots more opportunity to take pictures now that we have babies).

My camera didn't come with a carrying case, so I searched around until I found a cool one that didn't cost much at all. I loved it a lot until I was putting the camera away one time and accidentally pushed the on button after it was already in the case. The lens came out, but upon meeting resistance from the case, a gear broke. That was unfortunate, but the camera still worked. Pretty much. It just made this loud clicking sound every time I turned it on.

After a few weeks of that, the clicking sound got worse, and then the lens would go in and out randomly when I turned the camera on. I began to see a brand new camera in my future--after all, I have this goal to meet--I have to have a decent camera!

Rather than head down to Best Buy immediately, daltonboy decided he was going to try something. He took the camera apart and started working on it. I had every confidence that he'd be able to fix it, because he can fix anything, but then I noticed that it had all been put back together, and there were screws left over.

"Hmmm," I thought. When I questioned DB, he didn't seem anxious to discuss it.

"But I have to have a camera!" I whined. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Use mine," he said.

Hee hee. Sweet!

So meet my new camera. It comes in a big huge bag with extra lenses and cool flashes and stuff.

And now I suddenly have skills.


Instead of taking pictures like this:



















I'm taking pictures like this:













And my New Year's Resolution has taken on new life. I'm actually looking forward to compiling these at the end of the year! Thanks, DB. You're the best!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I inherited one of Ed's old cameras because it doesn't have enough megapixels for him to do work. It is wonderful. I almost feel like I could take a decent photo when I hold it.I really should do the photo a day thing, I'd get better tons faster.

Th. said...

.

I want a camera like that....

Natalie Gordon said...

Congratulations on your bounty. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking!

Q said...

OK, your positive thinking is starting to freak me out because now you have a windshield, blinds, AND a camera? I'm singing the theme song from "The Twilight Zone"!

daltongirl said...

Th.: Learn from me. Here's what you do.
1. Use your tax return money to buy Lady Steed a very expensive camera.
2. Let her play with it for a year, until a new model comes out and she starts coveting that one.
3. Break your camera.
4. Talk like you're on your way to the store to get that new model for Lady Steed. Don't ever actually get around to it.
5. Usurp the old, outdated camera that's still plenty, plenty good.

Turns out there's been a slight miscommunication. DB is under the impression that the camera is still HIS, but that I just get to USE it when he's not using it, which is mostly during working hours.

Hmm.

But I did get the blinds and I am going to get the new windshield, free and clear. So at least I'm sort of a positive thinker. And at least I get to use the camera most every time I want, so that's cool.