Thursday, August 16

"Excuse me. The mayor wants to rap with me about some things."

For some reason, lawmakers are interested in what I think--and it doesn't have anything to do with ghosts terrorizing the city, so I won't get to use my favorite line of "dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria!"

Tell me this wouldn't give you a big head for a second or two. A state legislator emails me and says that he is drafting some legislation for the upcoming session, and wants to run it by me first to see what I think before he moves forward.

Uh, sure.

Cool.

So now I'm looking at my calendar and trying to decide whether or not I can fit him in. I mean, I'm also in communication with my Congressman (who just sent me an enewsletter with a survey attached, addressed to "Dear Friend"), so I might not have time for stuff that's just on a state level. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Okay, so this particular legislator used to hold my PTA position, and he loves to work with PTA, and he's a really really sweet guy, and we already have a working relationship. But still. It's awfully fun to be asked.

And now you'll excuse me. I think Larry King is calling. Something about an interview . . .

3 comments:

Q said...

Uh, can I have your autograph? Because you are waaaaay famous now and I want to be just like you because you're on a first-name basis with, like, lots of state legislators!!!! You go, girl!

alisonwonderland said...

i want your autograph too! :o)

daltongirl said...

The last time I signed autographs was when I visited a preschool in Japan as a high school exchange student. I think I still know how to do it, though.

Since I'm left handed, we'll have the line form to my right.