Last night my mom was craving pancakes. Being a dutiful daughter (and pancakes sounded good to me too) I obliged her. They were so delicious (and fun) that I thought I'd share my recipe.
Ingredients
6 eggs
1 cup creamed cottage cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions
Have several damp rags ready. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process on the highest speed for 1 minute. With the blender running, take the lid off. There will be flour stuck to the sides of the blender. Obtain a long-handled wooden spoon or spatula. Carefully insert the spoon into the blender and scrape the sides of the blender jar. You will begin to feel nervous about what you are doing, and feel inspired to turn the blender off. At precisely this moment, release the spoon into the jar. You may begin to panic, causing you to do something that is not intuitive, like turn the blender up to a higher speed. This is normal. At some point you should turn the blender off. Remove the spoon. Survey the area. If batter is dripping from the ceiling, you may want to start there. If your ceiling is exceptionally clean, you can harvest the batter that is dripping from it. If not, simply clean up and discard all excess batter. Omitting the ceiling batter will not affect the flavor of your pancakes. Take a shower. Throw in a load of laundry. Strain the remaining batter to remove spoon parts. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Serve hot with jam, honey, or syrup.
Serves 1 to 5, depending on how fast you got the blender turned off.
My next recipe will be High Speed Cream Cheese Frosting, made in your KitchenAid. Powdered sugar is fun, too!
3 comments:
I tried a new recipe this weekend. Frozen Orange Juice in a narrow mouthed carafe. The husband thought it was impossible and that I should reconsider and make the boring old Frozen Orange Juice in a Blue Rubbermade Pitcher, but I proved him wrong. The secret ingredient is 12 ounces of boiling water. Unconventional, I know.
I am glad that you and your mom are having a good time. Enjoy!
But, hurry home. PTA is nowhere near as fun without you.
.
Lovely!
I'll try it tonight! Except that there are still some remnants of my ceiling sweet potato soup that I might have to take care of first.
Post a Comment