Saturday, January 12

Somebody's got to do it!

Somebody has to be taking sunset walks on the beach, and it may as well be me.



As difficult as it is, I will try to bear up under the pressure.

My other (less strenuous) duties include:

Driving my mom to dialysis
Driving my mom to chemotherapy
Doing laundry
Running miscellaneous errands
Cooking healthy, kidney-friendly foods for my mom (these do not include salt, fats, or apparently any fruits or vegetables other than carrots)
Taking very slow but very pleasant walks with my mom
Watching funny movies and listening to David Sedaris stories with my mom, because laughter is the best medicine.

She is feeling better, but still tired and weak, and willing to have me serve her food and wash dishes (if you know my mom, this should give you an idea how tired and weak). I will be here (Santa Barbara) until the end of next week, at which time I will return to the Great White North and find out how my family has fared without me (read: find out whether or not they are still alive and if the house is still standing).

4 comments:

Sue said...

Well, it snowed again today and I have 3 foot walls of snow next to my driveway and sidewalks. It is gorgeous here, but your view is more gorgeous. I'm green with envy! And glad to hear your mom is doing better.

CLASS said...

Thanks for the update. I miss you!

Cicada said...

What DID you eat?

boho girl said...

Leslie,
Please tell your mom I am thinking of her and love her and sending up prayers on her behalf. She is so strong and brave and someone I have admired for much of my life.

Missing your family,

Denise