Have you ever noticed how 8th graders come up with innovative ideas that have the potential to change the world?
It's true. I offer two examples.
This one time when I was in 8th grade, my friends convinced me to try smoking. I wanted to a) be cool, and b) have something to do other than algebra, so I went along with it. It didn't last very long. I think I smoked a total of about three whole cigarettes before my mom caught me. I addressed her first concern with intelligence and (need I add?) eloquence.
"You didn't inhale, did you?"
"Of course I did. If you don't, you get mouth cancer."
This was met with a disbelieving stare.
"Whatever."
Jump ahead thirty years. Lola informs me that she has discovered the secret to making the flavor of chewing gum last longer, as well as the formula for keeping it soft.
She pops a piece in her mouth to demonstrate. With the wrapper on.
"You just chew it with the wrapper on and everything. It really works!"
And that's when I discovered that I have become my mother.
1 comment:
I had a really great comment about how you could become MY mother, but instead of being funny, it was really sad.
Tell Lola that the silver wrappers make my fillings hurt.
Post a Comment