When a few of us met with the president of the Senate, we asked about appropriations for education. He explained, "Our economy has been going at 85 mph. Now it's going at 65 mph. To illustrate he drew this for us:
I'll leave it to you to determine what the analogy means, but the fact is, that graph don't make no sense, no matter what you're talking about.Then the governor shared some statistics with us.
1. We've got 1000 schools in Utah. 600 of them have PTAs. That's 70 percent.
Fact: 70 % of 1000 = 600
2. He's visited to 37 out of 40 of Utah's school districts. He has 2 left to visit.
Fact: 40 - 37 = 2
I certainly don't mean to belittle the achievement of visiting with all those school districts, but really. Really!
And here's a little math fact of my own, using the transitive theory:
Politicians can't do math.
My kids can't do math.
White House, allow me to introduce your future residents, even Lola, Busboy, and Daltonman.
2 comments:
Hey, at least I know enough to know that 2 + 2 = 5. :)
I'll hazard a guess that these distinguished officials are able to hire someone to do their math for them. I'd be willing to take that job, as long as they would start me at $80K the first year and guarantee me a 10 percent raise every year. (Up to $120K the second year, $180K the third year, $270K the fourth year, and so on.)
Post a Comment