I was over at their house one day, and pulled out my knitting. Peppers 1, 2, and 3 were fascinated. Pepper 3 (age 5) said, "I had no idea people did still did that in this day and age!" Pepper 1 said, "I thought that died out with the pioneers!"
Pepper 2 (age 7) claimed that she was already a knitter. She loves knitting, and is very good at it.
Peppers 1 and 3 sadly said that they didn't know how, so I promised to teach them. They were ecstatic. I told Pepper 2 that it was a good thing she was already a knitter, because I was going to have my hands full with 1 and 3. Maybe she could help me? Pepper 2 said, "Weeeeeelll, I guess I could use a refresher."
Accordingly, at my earliest convenience I took the three oldest girls some yarn and needles and showed them the basics. A few days later, I asked how the knitting was going. It occurred to me that I had never actually said the word "knit" to them, and had only used the terms "knitting," "knitter," or "knitted," in our conversations when Pepper 2 said, "I'd rather knid than eat."
*****
The other day I listened to my phone messages after not checking them for several days. Imagine my feelings of guilt upon hearing this message from Pepper 3:
"Hello, daltongirl? This is Pepper 3. I really don't feel like eating my dinner, and . . . well . . . I was wondering if you could talk me into it."
I checked my calendar. Three days had passed!
I sure hope someone talked her into it. If not, maybe she decided to sit and knid with her sister.
1 comment:
Hee! I know how little Pepper feels. Sometimes I would rather knid than eat too.
Post a Comment