Saturday, March 15

Starcatcher

Lola decided to reveal her secret identity to me today. Her superpower? Well. Allow me to illustrate. (She spent a lot of time with Miss Nemesis as a very young child. I think that's where she got it. Either that or the virus we have has affected her brain.)

We've been sick for the past four days. That means we have been watching videos for the past four days. A lot of videos. After we watched all the movies that our local rental joint has to offer, we moved on to TV shows. I guess all this watching weakened Lola. She let her guard down.

Yesterday we watched "Shrek the Third." Like I said, we watched all the movies available--even the bad ones. When Arthur came on screen, after he said about half a line, Lola said, "Hey. That's Justin Timberlake."

As if anyone could even know that.

Credits rolled (not soon enough) and sure enough, there was Justin's name.

Then today, when we were watching "The Andy Griffith Show," there was this one episode where Andy and Barney pull a woman over for speeding. Lola took one look at her and said, "An' I ceean't stan'm." (Our favorite line from "Singin' in the Rain, in case you were wondering.) I assumed the fever had really taken hold. That woman looked nothing like Lina Lamont.

I went to imdb to take a look. Aaaaaand, both parts were played by Jean Hagen.

Then we were watching Toy Story 2. Keep in mind that Lola had never heard of Joan Cusack before Wednesday, when we watched "Martian Child." And Joan's role was pretty minimal in that movie. So Jessie comes on screen and Lola says, "That sounds like Joan Cusack.

Huh?

Superpowers. There's no other explanation. I think this should be her costume.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Yes yes, I am quite something arn't I. lol come visit my blog everyone!

jeanisonthescene.blogspot.com!

lol
Love
Lola

Sue said...

OK this is scary, because Lola sounds just like me. It drives my hubby crazy when I identify actors, tell the movies they've been in, and then turn out to be right.

Nemesis said...

Nice, Lola! I'm glad all that time I spent teleporting my powers to you paid off. Use your gifts well.

chosha said...

I have a feeling you will enjoy this song from David O'Dougherty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz4f_e02RFM

daltongirl said...

Chosha, that's awesome! I think it's our new theme song.

Nem, you may have to share the credit with Sue--although your influence undisputedly began at a much earlier age.