Sometimes it's really fun being the mom of a fourteen-year-old. Last night, for example.
Lola: Isn't it cool that the word "sporadically" can have two different meanings?
Me: How so?
Lola: Well, just depending how you look at it.
Me: I'm not sure there is more than one way of looking at it. The word really only has one meaning as far as I know.
Lola: No, no! It has two meanings.
Me: And they are?
Lola: Well, the meaning you usually think of is "not very often," in kind of a random way.
Me: And?
Lola: The other meaning is "spastic."
Me: I don't think so.
Lola: Yeah! If you didn't know what the word meant, and you were going by the root word of "spuh."
1 comment:
I love the new look, and the sidebar which tells me when other blogs have updated - I use you to link to Cicada, Nemesis and Alison. So convenient!
Also, I hope you gave Lola a big, fat, "Spuh," said to sound just like duh.
My boy completely misuses the word "random." It does not mean what he thinks it means.
Post a Comment