Friday, November 7

The American Dream

I had a really profound thought when I woke up this morning.

I had just been saving the world from Armageddon, by helping my best friend's (Reese Witherspoon) boyfriend (Brad Pitt), who was afraid to commit because he didn't want her to find out he was an android, and some other guy (George Clooney), who was pretty clearly interested in me but whose advances I rebuffed because I'm already married to the most handsome, most wonderful person in the world (daltonboy), sneak into the secret New York City penthouse of the President of the United States (played by some guy who looked a lot like Barack Obama). We had to warn the president, take his family to safety, stop the terrorists, expose the double agents, and get out before anyone found out we were there. Plus I had to figure out how to get Brad Pitt to throw caution to the wind and marry my best friend. We were on our way into the building when I woke up.

My profound thought was this: Hollywood is now free to do whatever the heck they want. Their hands have been so tied until now, but no more are they restricted to casting people like Harrison Ford and Martin Sheen as the president. They could cast Denzel Washington. (Have they already done this? If so, bold move.) Heck, they could even put Angelina Jolie in the Oval Office. It would be believeable enough that people would buy tickets to see a movie like that. Awesome.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

Colbert pointed out that we're in for it now because every time there's a black president in the movies, disaster strikes. Morgan Freeman was president in Deep Impact and then there's always David Palmer in the 24 series. I think he may have pointed out one more example, but those two examples alone are enough to make me fear for my life.

Natalie Gordon said...

I like your dream, but I wonder if maybe you mistook Reese and Brad for me and Ron... there is a lot of resemblance.

chosha said...

Suddenly wishing I was your dream time best friend...