Monday, November 10

waste not, want not

Sometimes, you just have to set goals in order to get something done. I will do this here and now, so that when I am about to fail (read: go out to dinner), I will suddenly remember that I am accountable to the Internet, and change my wicked, wasteful ways.

This week, for the first time ever, I will not allow any of the vegetables in my fridge to turn into sludge.
I will not put any vegetables in the compost pile (except for skins 'n stuff).
I will use all foodstuffs purchased over the weekend to feed myself and my family. (No birds, raccoons, cats, squirrels, or mice invited.)


So far, so good. Ten tangerines, one cantaloupe, and one head of cauliflower: consumed by humans. Cantaloupe rind is outside in the compost pile--up for grabs.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

For some reason, I really believed that other people didn't have this same problem. I thought it was only me. I applaud your goal and I'll consider making the same goal!!

Lola said...

Although, it didn't seem to work that well. Stupid Costco produce, moldering and such the day after you get it. yuck.