Rule #1 of parenting: Never say "never," because a) you'll always go back on your word, and b) there's a chance that someday they might grow up and turn out to not be retarded.
I seriously can NOT stop laughing. Just got a letter from Daltonman. He's doing great, by the way. Happy, working hard, learning stuff . . . we're very proud. Part of his letter was a review of a recent church meeting. Here's what made me laugh:
"I saw a kid with a game-boy in the meeting and I rolled my eyes twice. I don't think I'm ever going to buy a video game console for my kids, especially one they can tote around in their pockets."
I hope, hope, HOPE the irony of this is not lost on anyone.
Oh! Ow! My stomach hurts!!
3 comments:
Wow.
WOW. That's just. Wow.
Also, when my brother was going through this phase on his mission I figured it would be a great time to throw out all his video games, so he wouldn't even miss them when he came back. But my softie mother wouldn't do it.
Oh wow. I mean seriously?
Now if only he can see someone with a gun in church and decide against guns, too. Then you will truly have won.
Post a Comment