If I posted on the theme of my health/non-functioning thyroid, I imagine my readership would dwindle to about one (David said he'd read my blog no matter what--thank you, loyal friend, but I don't want to test you too much). But seriously--who doesn't love hearing about other people's health issues?
Day 1: No energy. Sat around and played solitaire.
Day 2: No energy. Ran the washing machine.
Day 3: Migraine. Watched entire "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Ate a giant bag of kettle chips.
Day 4: Migraine. No energy. Ate three pounds of M&Ms. Watched "Pride and Prejudice."
Day 5: Migraine gone. Still no energy. Unloaded dishwasher. Showered and dressed.
Day 6: Low energy! Sat around and thought about stuff I should be doing now that I'm all energetic and stuff.
Day 7: Day of rest! Yay!!
Maybe my artsy activities would be more interesting.
Day 1: Knitted half a sweater for a close friend's new baby. He'll get it when he's five. Hope it still fits.
Day 2: Got tired of knitting with baby yarn. Started a dishcloth.
Day 3: Tired of knitting. Tore up some magazines and made approximately ten paper beads.
Day 4: Decided to do some sewing. Went downstairs to find my sewing machine under a mountain of half-finished knitting projects. Gave up.
Day 5: Scrapbooking day! Couldn't find any of my stuff without cleaning out the basement. Gave up.
Day 6: Browsed craft blogs all day, looking for cute/easy/cheap/fun ideas. Made a list of all the supplies I need. The bill will come to approximately $500. Gave up.
Day 7: Thought about knitting something for charity in order to justify crafting on day of rest. Finished dishcloth instead. (Maybe I will give it to someone who is in need of a dishcloth.)
No? How about reading?
Day 1: Read two pages of [insert Dickens title here] before falling asleep.
Day 2: ditto
Day 3: ditto
Day 4: ditto
Day 5: Read a magazine article.
Day 6: Back to Dickens.
Day 7: Opened Relief Society lesson to read before church. Fell asleep.
Physical activity?
Day 1: Chiropractor said no more running until he gets my back fixed. Dang.
Day 2: Wii Fit
Day 3: Wii Fit
Day 4: Walked a few miles. Sore feet.
Day 5: Shoveled snow.
Day 6: Did ten Kegel exercises.
Day 7: Day of rest! Yay!!
Community service.
Day 1: Thought about going down to the library to straighten books. Tomorrow is probably a better day for it.
Day 2: Blew off PTA meeting.
Day 3: Rested all day to prepare for 90-minute Library Board meeting. Success! Made it through the meeting.
Day 4: Knitted a hat for charity.
Day 5: Ignored the bi-weekly Red Cross phone call wherein they beg for my blood. I really need it myself right now.
Day 6: Thought about the library again. Don't they close early today? Shoot.
Day 7: Day of rest! Wait. Attended six hours of church. Those chairs are really uncomfortable.
Are you getting the idea? Oh, but you think about stuff, you're saying. Why don't you blog about stuff you think about? Great. Let's try that.
Day 1: Thought about what life will be like when daltonboy and I are finally alone. Can't go into detail in case the kids read my blog.
Day 2: Thought about how funny it would be if I could post all the crazy things my kids say/do. Why did we ever teach them to read??
Day 3: Thought about what life will be like when my thyroid gets fixed and I have the energy to run a marathon and/or finish my laundry.
Day 4: Thought about thinking of something profound and interesting so I could blog about it. No success.
Day 5: Numbed mind with solitaire and videos. No thoughts today.
Day 6: Thought about how interesting my thoughts would be if my brain didn't feel so fuzzy.
Day 7: Thought about going to church. Quailed. Those chairs are so uncomfortable. Went anyway. Spent most of the time daydreaming about my couch.
So. This is why I only post occasionally, and why you hear a lot about food from me. You're welcome.
1 comment:
How do you make those lists so dang funny?!?
Why do I always find myself laughing at all your misfortunes?!? For heck sake, there's nothing funny about a migraine - so I blame your sarcastic and rueful delivery. It's not me, it's you.
Post a Comment