Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce
with Garlic Mashed New Potatoes and Green Salad
Wow. I say this because a) it was incredibly delicious, and b) I used a fancy chef-type blog that offered suggestions rather than an actual recipe. That makes me awesome. Whatever. That stuff was yummy. I know this because during the first bite, daltonboy closed his eyes. Then about halfway through dinner he spoke up, and that's when we all realized he hadn't said anything for a very long time--like from the time he took the first bite. What he said was this:
This might be in my top two salmon dishes. Ever.
Me: Wow! That's saying something. What was number one?
Daltonboy: I can't remember. But I know I really liked the salmon I ate in Norway.
Me: Well. I can't compete with Norway. I'll take the number two spot.
And then he went back to eating. Success!! I view this as an additional victory, because I've had the feeling for the last few weeks that I might have pushed the boy too far, regarding the menu. He isn't taking to the vegan idea like I'd hoped. Also, he's been taking issue with some of the stuff I make, which isn't really his way. He usually just eats whatever I put in front of him. Sometimes he comments, sometimes he doesn't, but it's almost never been negative. Lately he's been, I don't want to say complaining, because that's too strong a word, but there's been an attitude. And then the other day he got all excited because we ran out of brown rice and had to make white. That was weird. So I was ready to have him enjoy this dinner, especially since it was his birthday and all.
Oh. And then I served this:
Which reminds me. I think it might be just about time for second breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment