My friend D.J. motivated me to make this dress out of some fabric I bought at a yard sale last year for $1.

It was very bright outside, so the photo is a little washed out, but it was the perfect garden party outfit for our book group lunch at Red Butte Gardens. D.J. has better pics and instructions.
So there's lots of food for thought (and action) out there if you know where to look. Unfortunately I've lost a lot of my early-summer energy. Maybe my thyroid, maybe the heat. But I have a couple of fun things done, and I know I can do more. Sue helped me clean out the basement, so it's all accessible and waiting. Nothing like wanting to do a project and not being able to find any of your stuff.
So go forth and craft! I'm going to do the same--right after my nap.
3 comments:
I LOVE it! You are so creative. I can't imagine making those great items. A great way to save $$$ too. Something else I need to become more creative at!
I love the dress, but that shirt is super cute too! Thanks for sharing this on "Pay It Forward"!
Thanks for linking me. Your dress turned out so fun. It does look perfect for a garden party. :)
(I've lost my summer steam as well. Yesterday was the first day I've sewn anything in July)
Your amazing if you can reuse shirts in a totally new way! Or make a dress for that matter. That's way out of my expertise!! I do so admire those who can and do.
I found y our link from Pay it Forward and came to say hello!
Post a Comment