Yay! I was finally tagged! And not once, but twice! That makes me popular. This is one of the happiest moments of my life, wherein I get to feel like a high school kid all over again, without actually having to have anything to do with high school. So here goes:
Four Jobs I've Had
1. Collections Agent, telling old people we were going to repossess their oxygen tanks if they didn't pay up (I lasted less than 48 hours)
2. Writer/editor for mormon.org
3. Nanny for five possessed children whose mother hired me "to be their mother," since she was too busy, "never wanted the kids" anyway, but "Heavenly Father just kept sending them" to her
4. Senior editor/customer service manager/instructional designer for BYU Independent Study (not all at the same time)
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again (other than Pride and Prejudice, which is a given)
1. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
2. Waiting for Guffman (edited--we don't like those bad words)
3. Mystery Men
4. The Emperor's New Groove
Four Places I've Lived
1. Boston, MA
2. Santa Barbara, CA
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Berkeley, CA
Four TV Shows I Love
1. Bewitched
2. I Dream of Jeannie
3. Arthur
4. Letterman
Four Highly Regarded and Recommended TV Shows That I've Never Watched a Full Episode of
1. American Idol
2. West Wing
3. 24
4. Lost (and pretty much anything else that has aired since 1995)
Four Places I've Vacationed
1. Carlsbad Caverns, NM
2. Puget Sound, WA
3. New York City, NY (does it count as a vacation when you go there on an all-expense-paid business trip and end up sightseeing most of the time instead of going to the boring tradeshow, which you didn't really want to go to anyway but feebly justified it as an excuse to get to New York?)
4. Tombstone, AZ
Four of My Favorite Dishes
1. Beef Stroganoff
2. Ruby River Prime Rib (medium rare) with tons of horseradish
3. Lamb Saag with Garlic Naan (Bombay House)
4. Ramen (as sold by the ramen guys who drive slowly through the streets of Japan in their tiny trucks with Japanese folk music blasting from their PA systems, and who give you extra yummy meat and veggies in your giant bowl of fresh-noodle ramen when they see you're American)
Four Sites I Visit Daily
1. All y'all's blogs
2. Utah State Legislature
3. Homestar Runner (not quite daily for me--but someone in my house has it going pretty much all the time)
4. Powerschool (to check the kids' grades, so I can start screaming at them the second they walk in the door after school)
Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
1. In bed, with an ice pack on my head.
2. In the ER, getting a shot of Demoral.
3. At a pawn shop, purchasing a gun to put myself out of my misery
4. The Isle of Patmos
Four Bloggers I Am Tagging
1. mamaj--because she needs to blog more
2. crashtext--because I don't know if he reads my blog, even though I check his every single day, and I'd like to find out if he remembers me
3. natgo--because she needs a second post on her blog, and it should be one that has something to do with herself, instead of me.
4. coop--because he might need more than one nudge to come back from the dead
Gee, that was fun!
7 comments:
Gee, I guess I'm honored to have been tagged. But pardon my ignorance as I ask: WHAT IN THE HECK DOES IT MEAN TO BE TAGGED? Is this mostly just a high school thing? I hope so, because I don't mind being out of the loop when it comes to high school stuff. If it's something well-known throughout society, then I'll just go bury myself under a rock.
But seriously, since I HAVE been tagged, I need to know the rules of this little game, if anyone would care to enlighten me.
You could have just emailed me, and saved yourself the humiliation of proclaiming your ignorance to the blogging world. That's what SOME people did. But I think it is something you need to know about, since your kids will be doing this stuff sooner than you think.
So you just take all the categories/questions/topics or whatever they are, and you put your own answers in place of mine. Then you post it, and everyone learns all kinds of cool stuff about you. This one is much better than some. They usually come in email form, from a high school (or jr. high) type person, and include questions like, "What time did you go to bed last night?" or "What is the last thing you ate?"
So let's hear it!
Well, okay then. I'll get right on it. Does this mean that more people will be visiting my blog? (I think I currently only have a readership of 3.)
why me not be tagged by yonder blog posters? tell ya what, read my blog, confesions of a tweenage drama queen, and tell me what ya think.
Sorry I didn't tag you. Honestly, I didn't do it because I hate doing these things and I thought that you would be as sophisticated as I am. I guess you're not, but that's okay.
I AM as sophisticated as you are. Every bit. I took no pleasure in it, believe me. It just felt good to be included.
Post a Comment