Wednesday, July 19

They love me, yeah, yeah, yeah!

When I got home (after a four-day absence), the following people had the following things to say:

Daltonboy: Hi. (Much kissing followed.)

Lola: Momeeeeeeeeeeee! You're back! (Much hugging followed.) Oh, I missed you!

Busboy: Oh. Hi, Mom. Uh . . . how was your week?

Doctor: You have strep throat.

Daltonman: Microwaves are confusing.

5 comments:

Natalie Gordon said...

You have STREP THROAT? I am so sorry! Except for the time I had the flu (probably bird flu...who knows?) strep throat is the worst thing ever! Once, one of my tonsils necrotized and FELL OUT while I had strep throat. I hope you get better soon!

I also hope that I don't get it.

stupidramblings said...

Point Dalton man in this direction...

MamaJ said...

Strep huh? Maybe I'll wait awhile before I pay you a visit and personally welcome you back. And I assume that DaltonBoy now has strep too, what with all that kissing that went on. (Studies have shown that discussions about microwaves are much less likely to spread disease than kissing.)

alisonwonderland said...

I hope that that doctor also said, "Here's a prescription for some antibiotics." And that you promptly filled the prescription--or had DaltonBoy fill it for you--and that you're now feeling much better!

daltongirl said...

Nat: Um . . . gross!

Stupid: Your comment proves that you are going to be a better parent than I am. Instead of looking in amazement at the child who can't or won't acknowledge that you have been away for several days, you take him aside and teach. That is why the First Mate is going to be an overacheiving genius, and why Daltonman is going to live in my basement for the rest of his life. It's all clear to me now.

Mamaj and Al: I DID get antibiotics, and am no longer contagious. So either or both of you can feel free to drop in any time.