For my 200th post, and in celebration of my life despite the best efforts of the beans, I give you . . .
Killer Chili
Ingredients:
Extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 can mild green chilis, diced
1 qt. tomatoes
2 cans beans
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1/2 tsp. salt
Some garlic
Some cumin
Dash cinnamon
Some cayenne pepper
Some basil
Saute the onions, chilis, and garlic in the oil. Add cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Warning: cayenne pepper is not the same thing as chili powder. Anything more than a teaspoon will make your tongue go numb for hours. Add hamburger and cook until meat is browned. Add tomatoes. Check your bean cans. If they are bulging, throw them away. Open the cans. If they have black stuff in them that doesn't specifically belong to the beans, go ahead, dump them in. Sprinkle salt and basil into the mix. Simmer for about twenty minutes.
Serve with sour cream and whole wheat cornbread.
Enjoy your new and improved immunities!
6 comments:
Congratulations on reaching post 200 - and on surviving the Great Northern Scare of 2006.
.
Mm.
Chili.
Cornbread.
I'm going to have to side with Sakhmet on this one. I think that you're taking your healthiness too far here.
Not that you would ever use margarine, but this just reminds me. Once I lived with two girls who simply could not cook. I made chocolate chip cookies that they loved. They asked me for the recipe. One day, one of the girls "followed" my recipe, using margarine instead of butter and whole wheat flour instead of white flour. When the cookies were disgusting, she was shocked and couldn't understand why we came out with two different-tasting cookies when we followed the same recipe.
(These are the same roommates who would use my butter and then buy margarine to replace it, like it's even comparable in taste or monetary value!)
You're wrong about the cornbread, S&C. So very wrong. Grind the wheat (hard white) and put it in the mix while it's still warm. Mmmmmm.
Margarine is evil.
The only time I use margarine is when I have to bake a lot of stuff for other people.
Too bad about the nasty beans. I'm so paranoid from dying of food poisoning that I'm a little trigger happy when it comes to throwing things out.
Jenny, that's because your mom sends you those emails about rats peeing on all the cans in the warehouses, and you believe them! Open your mind baby, and do what's right for your kids.
Post a Comment