Wednesday, May 2

Shikeida Charenji 2

So this isn't a challenge so much as an inspiration, and I decided to credit Cicada with it, since she is so creative and stylish. After all, look what she can do with placemats!

I bought this skirt a few weeks ago at a thrift store. I didn't love the style, but I thought the fabric was fun, and it was only 99 cents, so I figured "what the heck."

I brought the skirt home, washed it, and hung it in my closet. One time I even wore it. I was disappointed with how ugly it looked on me. Those mirrors at the thrift store must have been warped. Also I must have been drunk on the idea of getting a skirt for a buck.

Today I decided to do something with the skirt. I went down to the fabric store and bought a pattern, a zipper, and some ribbon. I came home and cut the skirt up. And for $7.50, this is what I ended up with. I couldn't be more pleased!

Now to do something fun with that thirty-year-old tablecloth I got at an estate sale last summer . . .

6 comments:

Desmama said...

The envy I feel for people who can do stuff like this knows no bounds. Lovely skirt!

Cicada said...

I like the fact that you and I are in competition. I think that it really drives us to be our best. I, Shikeida, charenji you to make a prom dress with that old table cloth. I bet I could do it in two hours.

Cicada said...

Oh! And I love the skirt. Darling!

alisonwonderland said...

if i were the type of woman who compared herself to her smart, beautiful, and extremely talented friends and found herself wanting in every respect, i'd be profoundly depressed right now! :o)

you are amazing!

Natalie Gordon said...

So cute!

Aoi Sakura said...

Very, very nice. Now I wish I had time to do that kind of thing. :)

Hee hee, you have the same shoes as my mom and me. :D