Thursday, May 8

Five Billion Reasons My Neighbors Hate Me

The lawn mower isn't working. Neither is the sprinkler system. I won't use herbicides.

These things do not combine to foster feelings of love and appreciation from the neighbors. I need to live in one of those countries where people grow dandelions on purpose and treat them like the special, lovely plant that they are.

3 comments:

Natalie Gordon said...

So, tell all your stupid neighbors it could be worse. A lot worse.

My neighbor (who I really do love) doesn't believe in herbicides, either. And, I thought that would bug me. But, it's not as bad as the current lawn situation - she doesn't have one. So (with our permission) her doggie poops and pees on our lawn (good news - dog pee kills everything it touches - no need for herbicide). We throw the poop into her lot, have ONE BILLION dead spots on our otherwise green lawn, and she has dirt with lots and lots of poop on it.

I'd rather have dandelions.

Nemesis said...

Hey. Honey bees need dandelions. You are doing your part to fight world hunger, so you can tell your neighbors where to go.

alisonwonderland said...

i just have to say how pleased i was to come visit you and find THREE posts that i hadn't yet read!