
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Well, it is!
Thanks to daltonboy and Miss Nemesis, who gave me the three I was missing for my birthday, my collection of Newbery Medal winners is complete! From 1922 to 2008, you can view the entire list here.
The Newbery Medal was named for eighteenth-century British bookseller John Newbery. It is awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
One must not let the dust gather. On to the Caldecotts!
5 comments:
See, the moment I saw the word look in my google reader, I got this song in my head. It was all worth it to know you have the newbery winners. I envy your collection.
I think Gay-Neck has to be my favorite Newbery winner.
Wow! That is so cool! Congratulations on completing your collection.
Congrats! Now I can visit the Dalton private library for those hard-to-find early winners if I complete my goal of reading all the winners. I've been working on that since high school, but I always get sidetracked with new books to read. So little time!
you realize that your collection does have to grow each year, right?
having a hobby is a good thing. :)
Post a Comment