For me, there is nothing more stressful than coming home to a dirty, messy house after a lovely vacation. I went on vacation to get away from it all, and I want to come back knowing I don't have to start washing dishes or putting away laundry the minute I step in the door. So I tend to be a little bit of a stress case before leaving, but I feel it's all worth it when I shut the door behind me knowing everything is in its place. I'm certain the rest of the family agrees with me.
I didn't get everything on my list done this time, but every time I thought about going home over the last couple of weeks, I consoled myself with the fact that at least the place would be neat and orderly when we got home.
I should probably mop the kitchen floor as soon as possible, however.
A couple of other
minor things that were tragically left undone:
- Cleaning food out of the fridge
- Emptying the compost pail
- Running the dishwasher
Neat and orderly kind of loses its touch when an odor greets one at the door, and a cloud of fruit flies arises to welcome one in.
Sigh!
No comments:
Post a Comment