Another hilarious side effect is that suddenly I spell phonetically. So I have to type everything two or three times to get it right. I actually read online that losing the ability to spell is not uncommon with this medication. Is that weird, or what? (And I've been doing sudoku, and crosswords, and everything! Life is so unfair.) Thank goodness blogger has spell check now!
First, I put the wrong day on Lola's birthday card invitations, and some people ended up not being able to come because they'd planned on the wrong day. Note: if those people had tried to match the date up with the day, they would have realized something was wrong, so I'm not taking full responsibility on that one.
Next, I gave my niece an empty box, which would have been a funny practical joke if I'd had something real to produce afterward. I did not. So she's rooting through this empty box and I keep saying, "It's in there. You just have to dig around." And finally Lola asked if it was supposed to be _____, and when I said yes, she said, "You gave that to me a long time ago!" Oops!
Daltonboy is loving the turning of the tables. We've always had conversations like this, but now the roles are reversed.
Him: Remember, the home teachers are coming at 6:30.
Me: No, you never told me that!
Him: Yes I did. I told you three days ago. And yesterday.
Lola: I heard him. He told you.
Me: Was I awake?
Him: Yes. You said, "okay."
Me: You never told me that. [mumble, mumble]
Fortunately, people are laughing with me so far, although I'm starting to get embarrassed and a little worried. On a positive note, I seem to still have a few creative skills left to me, because I made this cake for Lola and my niece. Too bad it wasn't either of their birthdays when I made it!
Is that fondant? Why yes. Yes, it is. And what is that pink rose all about? I have no idea.
Maybe my rad dessert-making skills will earn me patience from those who are waiting around for me to type up a non-phonetically spelled document, or for times when I drag our Primary presidency up to Salt Lake for a meeting that isn't going to happen until tomorrow (hypothetical situation, ahem!). So here's what we'll do: just let me know how I've messed up your life, and I'll deliver a sweet treat to your door. And to prevent you from taking advantage of me, I'm going to need at least three different forms of proof that I've flaked out, including one notarized document. The good news is I'll never remember I told you that.
2 comments:
When I was in MD last week with my mom, we delivered a nice bday present and card to the daughter of some good friends.
My mom has been really trying to be better at remembering birthdays.
She thought she was a day late.
Turns out, the girl's bday was in December. Whoops! My mom chooses to believe that she was very very early.
Also, my aunt had a medication that makes you tight with money. That's up there on the weirdest side effects I've ever seen!
That is a beautiful cake. Also, you never screw up my life, except when you tell all our friends that I am a lesbian. And, I'm pretty sure you would have done that anyway, so I can't blame the medication. So, it's all good. Also, Cicada, can you ask your aunt what that medication is? I have a friend that would be interested (okay, it's me. I spend to much money).
Post a Comment