Saturday, April 24

I Won!

Today was the American Fork Library 5K, and I ran/walked to benefit the library. It was my first 5K ever, and I won!

Okay, so in order to come in first next year (technicality) I'll have to shave about eighteen minutes off my time, but I did win a prize. I picked up American Fork City: The Growing Years, which I've been wanting to get, and which costs more than the registration fees for the 5K for both me and daltonboy. Win, win.!

It was cold, and I've had a cold, so I didn't run as much as I'd hoped to for fear of starting a coughing frenzy I wouldn't be able to stop, but I did run more than I thought I would when we started. I figured I could walk 4 mph and finish the whole thing in about 45 minutes. I ended up finishing in about 40. Then I came home and took a nice, hot shower, which felt really, really good. Win, win, win!

No comments: