I know Murray is a bit of a drive from my house, but Sue and I are up in the area enough that we thought it might work out well for us. Imagine our surprise when we were greeted cordially, given free cards with full privileges, and asked if we needed to be shown around the library. It was a little like Christmas. And to top it off, we were thrilled at the selection of books, movies, and recorded books. Thrilled! As in, we almost started weeping.
So as part of my shout out to the lovely folks at Murray Library, I thought I'd pay it forward today by taking a look at some fun reading/book blogs.
I must spotlight the book group I belong to, because it love it so much. You may be interested to see what we read, So here you go.
I also love my friend Alison's book blog. Alison reads widely In a variety of genres. How she finds time to read that much and still be an awesome mom and accountant, I can't figure out. It's truly impressive.
I have to include Crazy Aunt Purl because I adore her her monthly online book club is fun and anyone can participate.
Goodreads isn't a blog, but if you're not a member and love to read, you should start here. It's a fantastic place to find new ideas and read reviews by people you trust.

But for my official Pay it Forward link I chose book club girl, because she kind of encompasses all of the above.
Daltonboy and I were having a discussion about summer reading the other day, and he was saying that summertime seems like the worst time to plan to sit around and read. I agree that wintertime reading is great, all snuggled up with hot chocolate or tea. But for those of us who are lucky enough to have our summers relatively free, there's nothing like sitting outside--by the pool or in the garden--with a good book.
I hope you enjoy some great summer reading.
3 comments:
Visiting through the Pay it Forward meme.
I love reading and finding new resources to feed that 'addiction.' My boys love summertime for all the reading programs at libraries and book stores.
Laura O in AK
daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com
You should have told me you were doing this, and I would have updated the book blog with our latest endeavor!
Your so right about Alison's book blog~where does she find the time?
Why have you been keeping Crazy Aunt Purl a secret? I love it!
Goodreads rocks~I agree
Oh, no... Book Club Girl! I've found more books to add to my stacks...and stacks...and more stacks. I had to click away! I HAD TOO.
I can't wait to visit all your links. Love books and reading. Visiting here from Pay it Forward.
Post a Comment