Tuesday, June 14

Tough Love

This morning I had to leave before Lola got up. Since we're sharing a car right now, I thought I'd wake her and give her a couple of options. I'd be spending my morning about half a mile from home, and she had a couple of places she needed to go. So I entered her room.

Me: Hey! I have to leave in fifteen minutes. Would you like to drive me where I need to go and keep the car, or do you want to walk over there and pick it up later?

Lola: Huuuuuunnnnnhh?

Repeat.

Lola: What time is it?

Me: 8:00.

Lola: Urrrrrrgggghh.

Me: So what do you want to do?

Lola: I have to walk over there?

Me: Or just drive me in fifteen minutes. And then you can just have the car until it's time to pick me up.

Lola: You drive a hard bargain.

Yes, I do. Because I believe in tough love.

No comments: