Seriously, I hope you go take a look around. And then you can judge me for being a crazy hippie, but really, my sister Amy and I would love nothing more than to buy a bunch of land and start a commune. Our own real live homestead. It would not be a nudist colony though. We're not that weird. Our commune would be more of a place where Amy would cook delicious vegetarian food from our organic garden, our husbands would do barn raisings and mechanical stuff, and I would milk goats and make goat cheese.
(Mmm, goat cheese. I accidentally ate about half a pound of that stuff the other day.)
We might also knit wool socks for everyone. But not long underwear, because like I said, we're not that weird.
Anyway. This woman just seems so nice, and such a kindred spirit, and I want to be her friend. I want to live on the homestead next door. One of the first things that caught my eye on the blog was a recipe for homemade deodorant. You probably weren't aware, but the Deodorant Problem has been a major one for me, because none of the brands at the natural foods store work (also, they're expensive) and I have very sensitive skin that breaks out when I use grocery store antiperspirant. Plus I don't approve of sending all that aluminum to my brain via my lymph nodes. That is what is called a quandary.
Enter this recipe. So very, very simple, inexpensive, made from ingredients I had sitting around the house, and it smells lovely. Even better, it works! It actually works!! Also, that single batch will last me about 20 years, unless I can talk daltonboy into sharing. Fat chance. He'd rather get Alzheimer's. Whatever. As long as he doesn't forget how to raise a barn, we'll be okay.
1 comment:
I have been meaning to try something like this! Are you going to make a jar or are you going to pour it into old deodorant containers? Did you end up with any leftover coconut oil?
Post a Comment