Tuesday, September 13

My secret shame

Because I don't love my family, I occasionally deep fry stuff. I try to make this a quarterly (or less) treat. This weekend it was Twinkies.

I don't know when the last time you had a Twinkie was. I hope it's been a very, very long time, because those things are disgusting. For myself, it had been many years--maybe decades.

As much as I hope you haven't been eating Twinkies, I hope you have had a chance to eat a deep-fried one. Because that thing was heaven on a stick. I'm not even kidding. As gross as regular Twinkies are, their deep-fried counterpart is equally awesome. Who knew?

Here's your recipe. Break out the Fry Daddy! Or head over to the State Fair, where I hear you can buy one for only about $5.

I told daltonboy, honestly, I'd rather have people see me buying beer at the grocery store than Twinkies. So embarrassing. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat--if I had another heartbeat to waste, that is. I doubt very much that I do.

1 comment:

pretty darn prosaic said...

I.........I don't know what to say. Who ARE you? I'm going to have to think this over. I feel...........shaken.