It is amazing to me how much a person can accomplish when they feel good. I have to learn this lesson every couple of weeks, it seems, because every time I have a couple of days where I feel really good, I get a lot done and think, "Hey! This is how normal people live all the time!"
For the past week I've been sitting around doing nothing, feeling increasingly guilty about doing nothing, developing attitudes of low self-worth about my laziness, and thinking about maybe getting up and getting a couple of things done.
True, I've shampooed a couple of rugs with my Home Maintenance System, made a few meals, baked three pies, and done a few loads of laundry, but nothing along the lines of fulfilling all my homemaker duties. I even blew off a big PTA meeting (but who in their right mind schedules PTA meetings in the summer, anyway?).
So today I woke up for the first time since my last post on this subject (July 8) and actually whipped through the house and got some things done, despite the searing heat. It feels so good to accomplish something for once!
In order to increase the number of days I feel good, I have implemented the following on my own, because my doctor can't seem to figure out how to help me:
1) MSG-free diet, which was originally very difficult to do, but has become easier the longer I do it. Very healthy, and it has given me about five to ten extra days a month of energy, bringing the total up to seven to twelve days.
2) Apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp. three times a day in a cup of water. Some guy at church in the Grand Canyon overheard me talking to Bret about my migraines, and prescribed this treatment, swearing that it has worked wonders for his wife. "Get the cider 'with the mother'" he said, and I immediately dismissed him as a total wacko and forgot about it. But when we got home, Bret the Cynic unbelievably insisted that I at least try it, because what have I got to lose? So I looked it up on the Internet and found that Hippocrates took the stuff, and since he's the father of modern medicine it must be good. For $4.50 a month, I guess it's worth a shot. So far I've only had two migraines since I started taking it, but I would have had two migraines anyway, so the jury's still out on the cider vinegar. Also it's supposed to make you lose weight and a bunch of other cool stuff, but so far the jury's out on all that, too.
3) Wheatgrass juice. Because I need more foul-tasting things in my diet. Actually this one's still in the works, because I'm just learning how to grow my wheatgrass, but it's supposed to be another really great panacea, so why not? Also it's supposed to cure halitosis, and certain people that I kiss all the time might benefit from that, if you know what I mean. Or I might benefit if certain people I kiss all the time were taking it. Either way, that's a win/win.
4) This brings me to probably the most important element of all, which I hate to even talk about: exercise. But how in the heck are you supposed to go exercise when you feel like a truck just ran over you? Anyway, Taylor and I came up with a great plan on Sunday, and then Monday we both got sick. So we're starting tomorrow. And within two weeks I predict I'll be feelin' groovy every day. Healthy liver, happy head, glowing skin, functioning endocrine system, etc. Either that or I'll be publishing another post talking about how weird it feels to be energetic for a day and get a lot done.
2 comments:
Having just become a recent steroid user, I could recommend steroids to you, but I'll have to wait for my foot to stop buzzing before I make any recommendations.
Also, I hear that Noni cures absolutely everything. I know this guy who used to be fat, bald and ugly. I swear, within a week, he was handsome beyond belief...
Oh, and besides shooting my foot up today, I cut my hair for two reasons---A) I can't stand the heat any longer and B) it protects me from accidentally marrying a man who would never marry a girl with short hair.
Did you cut your hair today, Cicada? You've got to let me see!
My health recommendation: Get to know my new friend Yasmin. I've been taking that stuff for a couple of months now and it's doing all kinds of good, I think. And hey, now I don't have to worry about unplanned pregnancy! That's one less thing!
I suppose you may start excercising too, if you will.
Post a Comment